CWIMA National Conference Provides Valuable Training
2015 Christian Women in Media National Conference Features Ten Media Seminars
Dallas, April 9, 2015 |Christian News Service| – Media professionals from all over the country will gather April 30 through May 2, 2015 for the premier annual National Media Conference & Platinum Awards Gala hosted by the Christian Women in Media Association (CWIMA). The annual conference will be held in Dallas, Texas, at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, near The Galleria located at 4099 Valley View Lane, Dallas, Texas 75244.
Conference attendees will receive strategic information on how to break into the motion picture and television industries from some of the most successful people in the business. This year’s all-star lineup features Comedienne and Women Of Faith veteran, Anita Renfroe. Internationally-known Author and Founder of Precept Ministries International, Kay Arthur, Co-Host of the 700 Club, Wendy Griffith, Motion Picture and Television Casting Company Executive, Mark Fincannon, and Acclaimed Actress, Jennifer O’Neill, star of 35 feature films. In addition, award-winning Gospel Recording Artist, Babbie Mason, will entertain CWIMA Annual Conference goers.
Complimenting the instruction provided from the Main Stage, are informative media seminars held on Friday and Saturday afternoon. Moderators, with expertise in the individual categories represented, will lead the seminar discussions.
“The seminars at the national CWIMA conference have taught me how to build and connect with my audience through creative social media as well as excellence in writing,”
said Karol Ladd, author of 35 books. “Most importantly, the seminars helped to build my confidence and explore the latest ideas in the industry, keeping my focus on glorifying God.” This year Karol is a conference Main Stage speaker and Media Seminar Co-Coordinator.
The CWIMA seminars include:
- The Pitch-Evaluating Your Elevator Speech– Moderated by Robin Bertram. Bertram, a Speaker, Author, and Television Host, along with her panel, will teach attendees how to define their brand with a clear, concise message.
- Building Your Brand– Moderated by Athena Dean Holtz. Publisher Holtz and other experts will show their audience how to build a strong platform that captures the attention, and hearts of people in today’s world.
- The Business of Media– Moderated by Deborah Smith Pegues. Pegues, is an International Speaker and Interpersonal Communications Strategist. Her panel will share practical tips and strategies for monetizing a message, protecting ideas, and negotiating contracts.
- From Concept to the Big Screen–Moderated by Jennifer O’Neill.The well-known actress leadsa seminar explaining what is required to take a screenplay from concept to production.
- The Drawing Power of Your Stage Presence– Moderated by Ramona Logan. Former News Reporter and current Image Company Owner, Logan, facilitates the discussion on the best ways to draw an audience in, and to give a performance that makes a message memorable.
- The Latest Trends in Social Media– Moderated by Carol Doyel. Doyel is a Social Media Expert, Radio Personality, and Founder of Livingbetter50.com. Her panel will explain what’s new in the social media world for those who want to keep up with the ever-changing social media environment.
- The Art of Casting– Moderated by Mark Fincannon. The Vice-President of Fincannon Casting will give a behind the scenes understanding of the film industry, and equip attendees for their next film project or performance.
- The Writing World– Moderated by Karol Kinder Ladd. Ladd, a Best-Selling Author, leads a discussion on the essential tools and tips for publishing and marketing your book. Get answers about agents, traditional and self-publishers, distributing, and publicizing your book.
- So You Want to Be on TV?– Moderated by Lisa Burkhardt Worley. 19-year Television Veteran, Burkhardt Worley, facilitates a conversation on how to bring your message to the small-screen. The panel will provide information on creatinga news event, establishing oneself as an expert, and producing a unique special or
For more information about the CWIMA conference, visit www.cwima.org
About Christian Women in Media Association: Christian Women in Media Association (CWIMA) is a professional association dedicated to connecting women in purpose and vision. With a national platform focused on impacting our culture through media, our members work in the fields of social media, film, TV, radio, publishing, music, the arts, and entertainment. The organization promotes and provides opportunities for industry networking, professional equipping, and spiritual inspiration. CWIMA provides national conferences, music showcases, regional events, local networks, and international outreach.
As a part of its annual national media conference, the Christian Women in Media Association (CWIMA) is focusing on the symptoms of domestic violence that appear before the physical abuse starts.