Faith over fear, prayer over panic, love our neighbors as ourselves in this COVID-19 battle. God is with us.
To Schedule Alveda King, contact Jackie@TruthPR.com or 662-259-0988
Under the POTUS “30 Day” plan, we understand Governor Kemp’s decision to desire a gradual progression on opening up some of the small businesses.
My colleague Sharon LeVell, COO of Dunwoody Diamonds USA says: “I support Governor Kemp’s decision on allowing the small businesses to take charge and make good and safe decisions for employees and their customers.”
However, there are many concerns that beg to be answered. Below are excerpts from a very lengthy composite of concerns from fearful citizens. READ FULL COMPOSITE HERE.
“This situation goes beyond party lines because many people really see this pandemic as a matter of life and death.
“CDC data shows Covid-19 is affecting African Americans at exceptionally high rates.
“Why would the governor reopen businesses that benefit mostly from the black economy?
“Why reopen when there is still a national shortage of PPE, hospital beds, and meds?
“What plans are there to prevent crime and mischief when schools will be closed for five months instead of two months; when parents and teachers are vulnerable; children will lack supervision?
- Continued “shelter in place” and social distancing when possible and mandated high levels of caution (for returning population.)
- Bell curve should decrease before reopening the state.
- More testing sites and rapid testing ( in DeKalb, only 84 tests can be performed daily)
- Mandates of specific safety measures (masks, PPE, etc.); People will not be comfortable going back on the economy without proper and adequate safety measures.
- The elderly population needs extra precaution. Assisted Living facilities need to continue their same guidelines; but how can we ensure the facility workers are being safe after businesses reopen? They can then venture out and become infected and possibly infect residents.
“One life is one too many to lose to death unnecessarily.
End of abbreviated composite: Read full text here.
Interestingly, many of these concerns are already being addressed. Too many people just don’t know.
“My people are being destroyed because [of lack of knowledge] they don’t know me… Since you have forgotten the laws of your God, I will forget to bless your children.” – Hosea 4:6
Full transcript with the descriptions of the links below are available HERE.
COVID-19 Faith Community Resources
- COVID-19 Recommended Preventive Practices and FAQs for Faith-based and Community Leaders
- Considering Faith, Community, and Mental Health During the COVID-19 Crisis
The Paycheck Protection Plan
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans: Frequently Asked Questions (Updated 4/14)
- Top-line overview of the paycheck protection loan program
- More information for borrowers
- Borrower Application Form – Updated 4/2
- Interim Final Rule
- Interim Final Rule on Affiliation
- Interim Final Rule – Additional Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Certain Pledges of Loans – Posted 4/14
- Applicable Affiliation Rules
- Find an eligible lender
- Lender Assistance Hotline: (833) 572-0502
Assistance for American Workers and Families
- Assistance for American Workers and Families
- Preserving Jobs for American Industry
How to Help with more information. Examples for the private sector include:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Full details can be found in the solicitation (Notice ID 70FA2020R00000011).
- Registration information can be found at www.sam.gov
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
- FEMA and supporting the response to COVID-19 at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
- For other issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Administration for Children and Families to Release Funding to Support the Child Care and Development Block Grant (HERE)
FEMA Announces Funding Notice for Emergency Management Performance Grant Supplemental Allocation (HERE)
Economic Security (CARES) Act. All applications must be submitted by April 28.
EPA Continues Efforts to Increase the Availability of Disinfectant Products for Use Against the Novel Coronavirus (HERE)
IRS, Security Summit Partners Warn Tax Professionals on Scams, Urge Additional Security Measures to Protect Taxpayer Data (HERE)
Federal Banking Agencies to Defer Appraisals and Evaluations for Real Estate Transactions Affected by COVID-19 (HERE)
For up-to-date information – CDC’s website: www.coronavirus.gov.
“Considering Faith, Community, and Mental Health During the COVID-19 Crisis. The document is attached as PDF documentHERE.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp
Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Emergency Advance: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/economic-injury-disaster-loan-emergency-advance
SBA Express Bridge Loans: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/sba-express-bridge-loans
Interim Final Rule (IFR) for the PPP above (with respect to religious liberty issues, etc.)
Link to the full article here. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/list-74-actions-taken-by-trump-to-fight-virus-bolster-economy
President Trump continues to mobilize supplies to the frontlines to protect our healthcare workers and combat the coronavirus.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) deliveries coordinated or currently being shipped by FEMA and HHS:
- 38.2 million N95 respirators
- 32.6 million surgical masks
- 5.5 million face shields
- 4.7 million surgical gowns
- 30.3 million gloves
- 212,000 coveralls
- 8,600 medical station beds
“I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.” – 1 Timothy 2:1-2 NLT
Also, miraculously, as rescue funds and supplies are depleted, funds are being replenished. Our families, our health, our communities, finances, stewardship, tithes, and offerings all flow together. We must continue to thank God for blessing our POTUS and all leaders with strength and wisdom. Please pray, stay safe and God bless you.