- Marriage and Family
- Ministry and Church Development
- Counseling and Coaching
- Guest Speaker and Presenter
- Faith and Theology
- Pastor Joel Rissinger has been in full-time ministry since 1992 and has led several congregations through major transitions.
- He is the cofounding pastor of LifeWay Church in Newington, CT.
- Pastor Joel is a speaker, teacher, and coach for several organizations.
- He is a Field Shepherd with Standing Stone Ministry.
- He has been a presenter for Iron Sharpens Iron, the “Perspectives” missions course, and the Prepare-Enrich marriage counseling program.
- He has served as a chaplain for several corporations in New England and owns a Chaplaincy Business providing trained chaplains to multiple facilities.
- Pastor Joel holds a BA in theology from Ambassador University, as well as MAs in religion and religious education from Liberty University.
- Pastor Joel has authored over a dozen books, including “Things Your Pastor Would Love to Say…(But Can’t),” “The Crucified Church,” “The Crucified Couple,” “Whole 4 Life,” and “Communicate to Lead.”
A Christian Couples Speaker, Trainer, Author, Pastor, Chaplain and Coach.
Joel Rissinger has been a professional communicator and couples coach for over 30 years. He has helped hundreds of couples through his teaching, writing and coaching. In addition, he has trained over 100 counselors, pastors, and coaches to do the same. Joel has done workshops, keynotes, and programming for organizations like the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, the Better Business Bureau, Coorstek Corporation, Iron Sharpens Iron, and numerous churches. Joel has completed the famous Bill Gove Speech Workshop and is a certified speaker and coach with the John Maxwell Group as well as Life Innovations, Inc. and their Prepare-Enrich relationship program.
Joel’s focus is helping couples grow closer. While pastoring several churches, Joel has worked with couples in his congregations and in the community at large. He has taught numerous couples workshops and is a featured speaker at retreats, conferences, and other events. He is currently the Executive Pastor of LifeWay Church in Newington, CT. Joel is a Doctoral Student and has two Masters Degrees from Liberty University. He is also the author of seven books, including Whole 4 Life, The Crucified Couple, and The Crucified Church. His latest book, The Forgiveness Fallacies, was released in September, 2018.
Joel and his wife Karen have been married more than 35 years. They have two adult children and two awesome granddaughters plus a 95 pound “fur baby” named Koda.
Things Your Pastor Would LOVE to Say (…But Can’t!)
Pastor Joel Rissinger has served in vocational ministry for over 30 years in some very diverse settings. During that time, he has served as an Associate Pastor, Senior Pastor, Church Planter, Church Planting Director, Executive Pastor, Chaplain, and as a Field Shepherd for Standing Stone Ministry. In Things Your Pastor Would Love to Say (…But Can’t), Pastor Joel shares an intimate look at some of the challenges faced by pastors, missionaries, ministry leaders, and their families. His goal is to inspire empathy toward these leaders from Christians everywhere. This book also gives pastors an opening for some much-needed conversations with those they serve.