Spirit Mornings Interview of Guest Mark Hancock, CEO Trail Life USA Interview. Host Jen Brown & Bruce McGregor of Spirit Mornings (Catholic Radio)
Date Aug 22, 2019
Mark Hancock says “Failure to Launch is a major problem today”.
- Mission of Trail Life USA is to build up boys. Dedicated to raising up boys to be boys.
- Alternative to Boy Scouts
- Boys and girls are different.
- About six years ago Trail Life developed due to direction that Boy Scouts was taking.
- Focus of Trail Life is ‘Let Boys Be Boys’
- Our culture today is trying to dismiss men
- We’re stealing from boys what they are designed to be and necessary for society to succeed
- Boys are falling behind girls in every capacity
- Shooters are example of boys brought up in a society that is lacking in morals
- Boys need to be allowed to their natural desires of competition, to work hard and finish ahead of someone else. Boys need this to mature.
- In victories they find who they are and what they’re good it. That society is not their enemy but they are a part of something bigger.
- Learn the ability to deal with stresses.
Failure to Launch is a problem today:
- Trail Life mentors young men to do the hard things
- Teaches that failure is a good learning
- Give the opportunity to succeed and fail – its important
- Boy’s want to know:
- Who’s with me?
- Who’s in charge?
- What is my mission?
- Gangs are attracting men at an alarming rate because they answer those three questions well. We need to learn from the gangs so they stop taking our young men.
TrailLifeUSA.com — Get connected!
Wake up with Spirit! Every weekday from 6:40 to 9:00 a.m. we bring you locally-produced Catholic morning show, Spirit Mornings, with Bruce McGregor and Jen Brown. The Spirit Mornings team brings you Catholic news, local news and weather, interviews with local priests and guests and so much more–all from our studios in Omaha, Neb.
Monday through Friday
6:40 to 9:00 a.m.
Click here for where to listen.